Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Designing Your Own Personal Space

It is important to allow each member of the family to have their own space including yourself.  You've heard of "Man Caves" for men well women need to have their own personal space too and call it what you want as long as you can have it to yourself.  Some of my favorite designed spaces were for personal spaces .  A converted bedroom, garage or basement as a "studio" where you can be your most creative.
You can put anything you want in your space that makes you happy like an overstuffed chair for reading, a large table as a design surface, a place to put all of your collections....doesn't matter as long as the space functions for you as a creative outlet.  It doesn't need to cost a lot of money because this is where you can refurbish items to fit the theme.  Just start making lists of what you want your space to reflect.  I've seen some great makeovers  that would make anyone want in their home.  The size can be whatever you can spare.  I've always wanted to put up a cool shed in the backyard around 12' X 14' where I could only have craft supplies at my disposal without having to put things away when you're in the middle of a project.....all you would need is electricity and a ceiling fan, lots of storage and a great surface for creating.  If you are lucky enough to have a large backyard consider creating your own oasis there.  Kids have tree houses and play houses why can the grown-ups.....

No comments:

Post a Comment