Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Monday, February 21, 2011

Pasta Scramble - Breakfast Recipe

Hi Everyone.  As you know I love to cook and breakfast is my favorite meal so I'm constantly trying to come up with new and innovative breakfast ideas.  The recipe below is one that I came up with and is one of my husbands favorite so I want to share it with you.

Pasta Scramble

2 Cups Leftover Spaghetti Pasta Noodles
3 eggs
2 Tbsp cream
1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno chili pepper, finely chopped w/o seeds
1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped w/o seeds
1 small red pepper, finely chopped w/o seeds
1 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/8 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp Salt
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp Butter

In a skillet add 2 Tbsp Olive Oil over medium heat, add in the onion, chili peppers, red pepper; cook until lightly brown.  Add in the precooked pasta; continue cooking until pasta is lightly browning.  In a large bowl add the 3 eggs, cream, cilantro, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; whisk together.  Add butter to the center of the pasta then add egg ingredients and cook egg mixture through on low heat trying not to overcook the eggs.  Stir gently.  Serve with bread that has been topped with grated mozzarella cheese and sprinkled with Italian seasoning and placed under a broiler until cheese bubbles and turns brown.  Variations are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment