Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Effects of Good Design

Design...
  •  Good design should be innovative 
  •  You should be passionate about your design plans
  •  It should be long lived, no expiration date, timeless
  •  Good design is something you want in your life forever and to pass it along
  •  It's something precious to you and you would never think of getting rid of it      
  •  It should be affordable because good design doesn't have to be expensive
  •  Enjoy what you have, what has value to you, what has meaning to you
  •  It's all about your perception of  what good design is to you
When you are browsing through magazines, looking at design books, visiting exotic locations notice what appeals to you.  I prefer an eclectic look this way I can have more than one design look in our home without limiting my options to just one single thread, but it has to be put together tastefully, otherwise it looks like a hot mess.

As a designer and innovator I look at everything around me to find the right thing that gives you that Aw-Ha movement. I have learned over the years that when you see that "special something" buy it because the chances of it being there when you go back may leave you very disappointed when you find it is no longer there.  I don't believe that saying "if it is still there then it was meant to be"....grab that special something  (I mean that really something special) and buy it NOW.....no regrets.  If you ponder too long over your decisions you just might miss out on some pretty great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment