Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Decorating With Artwork



Placing Artwork in your home is very personal. You should put Art in your home that means something to you and your family. I'm a strong believer that Art is can only be purchased by the people who be living with it. Of course Restaurants and Hotels choose Art to go with the decor of the space. You can't tell someone what to like. I love Art and have it sprinkled throughout our home.

I love to go to Art Galleries and see what the artists have created. If I could I would have tons more in our home but you have to limit it to your favorite pieces. If you have an expanded collection you can trade out pieces once in a while so you get the chance to enjoy it all. It is very important to have Art on your walls. Nothing is more unwelcoming than blank walls.... If you are not sure what your taste in Art is then start slowly and make sure you can return the piece if you find when you get it home it isn't what you wanted. It doesn't matter if you spend $25 or $25,000, the piece has to make you feel something, and you will know it when you run across them. We have Artwork that we found in garage sales and some we bought from a Gallery...doesn't matter what you paid as long as YOU love it.  The above piece of Art was found in a garage sale and I have no idea if it has any value all I know is I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment