Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year

It's time to plan your design projects for the year.  Remember to start small with one room at a time.  Start looking through those magazines for the designs you like.  Watch all of the great design shows they have on HGTV and get ideas from them.  Design is everywhere.  You can get inspired from Hotels, Restaurants, Office buildings, Resorts just to name a few.  Everywhere I go I'm always looking for inspiration.  I can't go into a place without looking at the design of the store.  I immediately start designing it in my head it's fun for me.

In the Spring you might try a few garage sales and see if you can find some items to decorate your home.  Even though I don't go myself any longer I still encourage others to go.  I have no more room in my home to add anything else and I can't go to the garage sales and not buy something.....  I hope you enjoy your design venture this year.  I will be here for you if you need my advice on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment