Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Collecting Your Favorite Things

Below are some of my favorite finds that I have found over my lifetime.  People are always telling you to get rid of the clutter, it's only clutter if the items you have brought into your home don't mean anything to you.  I'm not a minimalist by any means.  Both my husband and I love to surround ourselves with things we love.  Over the years we have gotten rid of things that we no longer cared for.  Make sure you keep the things you love because they somehow bring comfort.  If you group like-items together it will make your designing more cohesive and will look less cluttered.  Enjoy collecting things you love.....
I love to place books on a small shelf around the house in unusual locations

These are Costco Candlesticks with very fragrant round candles

This Carousel Horse was a garage find made of cast iron

This Cow Checker Board set was handmade by someone the pieces to the set are in the bell around it's neck

Ceramic primitive pieces found in a garage sale

Ceramic all-in-one clock with the books and cat attached, favorite garage sale find

This beautiful Tiffany Lamp is from Costco

Costco find that was plain white and I added gold highlights to it

Shelves to hold all the sea nautical theme items

Shelf to hold garage sale finds

Place like-items on a table to showcase them

A small table with glass balls

A collection of items that I love

I adore unusual footstools

An outdoor birdhouse from Costco in the Coastal Living Bedroom

Artificial lemons in a bowl, they look real.....

A glass tray with polished rocks and candles

Love to add balls to decorative bowls

This is our doorbell on the porch

Beaded fruit in a decorative bowl

Feathered balls in a decorative bowl

Stacked boxes found at Costco

Love colorful ceramic pieces


Lighting is so important find something unusual for your home

Outdoor yard art for used indoors

I collect everything frogs....

A cute little stack of pillows kept together with ribbon

A display of my collection of "Dinner at Eight"

I used wall sconces to display artful clowns

Roster and Hen from Big Lots

You're never too old to collect Teddy Bears....

A shelf to hold my I Love Lucy collection in our Media Room

Bookshelf from Costco holding all my designer books, etc.

Outdoor frog set....

Beautiful Vase from Costco

No comments:

Post a Comment