Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Monday, January 31, 2011

Candice Olson - Great Designer

I was watching some of my prerecorded shows and came across Candice's new show on HGTV called "Candice Tells All" the one on Black and White designing. She is one of the most creative designers on TV today. Her use of fabrics intertwining with the furnishings, intertwining with the decorator items is fascinating. She is definitely someone you should get inspiration from. She takes you through the entire process of making decisions from beginning to end. Her later shows have tremendous value too with how she selects all the parts of design to create her masterpieces. This is one of the major reason why I like the way she works....she doesn't allow the homeowner to return until the design is complete. I have watched shows where the homeowner is there at every turn and seems to create more chaos than good. So for those of you who hire a designer to decorate your space....let them do their magic then come to see it after it is complete, you and your designer will be happier in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment