Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Friday, January 14, 2011

Breakfast Ideas

Good Morning.  Today I will share with you one of our favorite breakfast meals.  One of my favorite cuisines is Mexican Food so of course there has to be Mexican-style food for breakfast.  This is an easy recipe and hopefully become one of your favorites too.

Breakfast Tacos

4 corn tortillas
3 eggs
1/4 cup cheddar/jack grated cheese
1/4 cup drained Ortega green diced chilies
1 small finely chopped green onion
1/4 tsp Cumin
Dash Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Pepper
Butter (real)

Lightly butter one side of each corn tortillas and place them butter side down in a large pan over medium heat.  When they begin to lightly brown fold each in half butter side down.  Lower heat to low and continue cooking, flipping once or twice until golden brown.  While browning start cooking the egg mixture below.

In a bowl whisk together eggs, cheese, diced chilies, green onion, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.  In a non-stick skillet over medium heat add 2 Tbsp unsalted real butter, heat until melted; add egg mixture, stir lightly continuously until eggs are cooked through but not browned or hard.

Place 1/4 of egg mixture into each of the corn tortillas and serve.  You can make as many of these as your family will eat.  Cook the tortillas to whatever crispness you prefer....I like them crunchy.  If you really like it spicy in the morning use your favorite salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment