Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Breakfast Ideas

In my Blog I would like to share some recipes with you.  I love to cook and have created some pretty good recipes over the years.  In this post I want to share a recipe for breakfast which is my favorite meal of the day.  I have always eaten breakfast so creating different menus is essential to keeping it from getting boring.  I know this is a design blog but who doesn't like to share recipes.....and eat?

This is one of my original breakfast ideas that came about over 30 years ago:

Spaghetti Omelet

1 1/2 cups leftover spaghetti with meat sauce (combined)
3 eggs
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (the good stuff)
Salt and Pepper

In a bowl beat eggs with a sprinkle of water, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper.  In a non-stick skillet over medium heat add 1 Tbsp butter.  Pour in egg mixture and with a spatula bring in from the side allowing the uncooked egg mixture to flow onto the pan surface.  Make sure your heat is not too high you do not want to burn your eggs.  Place a lid on the pan and allow for the egg mixture to begin to cook through.  Heat your leftover spaghetti (microwave or stove top).  Place the spaghetti mixture on one half of the omelet, sprinkle the 3 cheeses over the spaghetti portion; fold over the other half.  Lower the heat to the lowest setting cover with lid and let heat for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.  Serve with sourdough toasted bread or toasted bagel.  Serves 2 hungry people.

I will be adding recipes to this section, so please come back and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment