Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Monday, December 20, 2010

DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE LARGE PATTERENED AREA RUGS IN DESIGN

You will see in the designing of our homes the use of large patterned area rugs.  They're so dramatic and bring such life to a room.  Anytime you want to anchor an area use an area rug to define the space.  I have used them over wall to wall carpet, stone flooring and wood floors.  Patterns can be scary but don't be afraid to give it a try you can always return the rug and select another.  I have shown you some examples in this blog of where I have used them and maybe that will encourage you to try it.  I know it's not for everyone, but there are those of us out there that love using them.  Enjoy decorating your home it should be fun......and make it an oasis you love to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment