Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Designing Your Home

There are so many things to consider when decorating your home.  Break it down into small projects this way it won't seem so overwhelming.  A good way to find out what your tastes are, is to look at decorating magazines and tear out the pages you like and start from there.  By shopping wisely you can get that look for less money if you go slow and shop at the right stores.  Some of my favorite stores "for less" are:  Home Goods, Costco, Pier 1, JC Penney.com, Target, Kohl's, Home Depot (lighting/fans), Cost Plus, and online just to name a few.  I loved shopping at Bombay when they were around.  You will find your favorite stores too.  It takes time to accumulate things for your home.  Your treasures should look like you acquired them over time not over night (even if it was over night).  In time your taste will change so keep in mind finding pieces that will last and aren't too trendy.  You will change things out every few years and some things will stay with you forever.  Enjoy the journey....it's a lot of fun getting there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment