Welcome to my blog where you can hopefully be inspired

The design ideas in this blog are for you to get inspired to help make your home a place that will be warm and cozy. I'm not a minimalist and love to be surrounded by beautiful things that did not cost a lot of money. My husband and I went to garage sales for 7 years until we couldn't bring anything else home because it wouldn't fit. I use to take people with me to the garage sales by their request because they wanted to learn how I found so many lovely things. It was a great adventure for them and they learned how to get in and get out fast. So I hope I will be able to help you too find things that look like you spent a bundle when in reality you got it for a song.....

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Journey Begins

I'm starting off my blog with romantic rooms.  I like plenty of pillows on beds, chairs and sofas.  This is the easiest way to change your decor.  If you purchase a solid or monochromatic colored piece of furniture you can add pillows for whatever mood you may be in at the time and it's a very inexpensive way to make changes without breaking the bank.  When you tire of the pillows you can always re-cover them with other fabrics and there you are a new look without spending much money.  I'm not afraid of color so during your journey thorough my room designs you will find bright and bold colors.  Painting a room is an easy way to make a dramatic change in the most inexpensive way possible.  Don't be afraid to try a color you thought might be too bold remember you can always change it.  I have much to share with you so please come back to see all the ideas I will be posting. .

1 comment:

  1. Great site Janice, Keep those great ideas coming. Your amazing!
    Love,
    John

    ReplyDelete